Contributes to customer implementations at any or all phases of the application lifecycle: application planning and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption. Works as part of a wider delivery team comprising fellow consulting engineers, strategic consultants, project managers and account teams. Ability to mentor and train more junior developers.
- Autonomous on a project given medium-term direction and milestones.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for assigned engagements and project milestones.
- Able to identify weaknesses around pending or in-progress projects and adapt as necessary.
- Capable of learning new topics quickly and being self-motivated in this regard.
- Able to rapidly understand a problem-space and leverage technical and non-technical knowledge to problem-solve.
- Able to adapt communication style to relevant technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactively manages expectations with the client, influences their strategic goals/outcomes
- Communicates effectively about customer and delivery status, issues, and concerns
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Broad familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, software deployment and operational considerations.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Python backend development
- Strong understanding of Python tooling
- 2+ years in projects with large-scale or highly loaded systems
- Proficient in Linux package management and resolving native library dependencies
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices